Up until this point, I was saying how great everything has been, and yes, it still is but other symptoms have reared their ugly head...like my belly is getting bigger which is fine, but it brings along other factors you know like lack of oxygen getting to my lungs and being a little more uncomfortable after sitting for long periods of time (work...). I find I need more stretching breaks and need to eat much, much smaller portions. For everyone that knows me, I have always been able to pack in the food like any good Italian, but I had to actually 1/2 my meals and each much more slowly. The problem is my brain wants all this good food and I get it and I can't even fit it without feeling I need to rest in a reclined position...HOWEVER, every time I feel her moving and flipping and kicking (although I may have some bruised ribs by now) it makes it all worth it!
The other thing I noticed is how much heat and humidity has an effect on a pregnant woman. Yes, you hear all these things but you don't believe it until you experience it. I went out last week for a run, that I ended up power walking for 3.5 miles and I felt as if I put in peak training day of half-ironman training.
However, the temperatures returned to the 60's this weekend and I did about a 4 mile run with maybe a 2 minute walk break and felt awesome. But now that the weather is back to the 90's...running will be slowly taking a back seat unless I decide to do the treadmill (ummmmm...no).
That being said I have returned to swimming which has been awesome. For the first time I feel myself fitness-wise. I started slow with a 1600 meter workout, but moved up to 1800 yesterday and hoping I get back to 2500 over the weekend. The awesome part is you have no extra weight, I can go strong, there is no pressure on my lungs, I can breathe good - just a welcome sign...and I know it is good for the baby. Although, I have this vision of me going to the gym to put in some laps and not knowing I am in labor...oops the baby was born...sorry bad joke...
I was able to get in lots of rest over Memorial Day weekend and had a nice time with the family which was perfect before another crazy week at work.
![]() |
| Mike and I at the beach |
Have a great weekend everyone! Stay cool!!


30 weeks already? Doesn't seem possible!!! You look great and I totally get what you are feeling. I wish I could say that it gets easier, but I think the only think that gets easier is knowing that you'll get to meet your little one soon! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 30 weeks!