Thursday, May 2, 2013

26 weeks and Growing!

Every week I think I am huge, but I looked at some pics from last Sunday at the race and this past Sunday...in one week I really "popped".  I had more people tell me I look pregnant than just ate too many cheeseburgers or whether I swallowed a turkey.  You always hear about popping but I thought it would be more of a gradual thing.

Below is my 25-26 week (closer to 26 weeks) photo my mom took of me and my cauliflower.
25.5 weeks - don't be deceived by the stripes belly is bigger than appears...

This last midwife appointment was a little different.  I had to get my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes (so I held off on ice cream the night before).  To my pleasant surprise, the drink tasted more like Orange Hi-C so it wasn't so bad.

I also got measured.  You are supposed to be within 2 inches of the weeks you are pregnant so I was exactly 25 inches at a little over 25 weeks!  So all is going well, my weight was normal up about 4 lbs from last month.

I have been feeling good, with the exception of my lovely constant heartburn and some rib pain.  However, I seriously think the rib pain is from my bike accident a couple years ago, it is in the exact spot and I just feel a little bruised.  My theory is the expanding area is where the fractures were that maybe did not completely heal.  I know that many experience some rib pain but much later. This baby is a mover and a shaker and is constantly doing something in there.  Mike couldn't feel her kick yet but hopefully soon!

In terms of exercise, I took a lower key week and laid off the runs last week since the race lso I did lots of walking, spinning, weights and yoga (outside!) -

Jan and I at prenatal yoga outside with her daughter Jesse
 however this week I was back to my usual, but can feel myself slowing down on the run with more frequent walk breaks and the up and down on the spin bike is starting to become a little more uncomfortable so it is more of a seated climb for workout.  I think I am going to have to start going to the pool in place of some of the cardio - you know the original plan that I was going to become some amazing swimmer during this pregnancy because I was really going to focus on it....yup, I have made it to the pool 2 times since December....amazing swimmer, huh...

I was asked if we were taking a Babymoon...answer is NO!  Our new kitchen is our babymoon once that is finished and will be looking forward to our trip to Louisiana and Florida in October once the baby is born! 

After the kitchen the next project will be getting Mike's office moved downstairs, take away the dining room and make a nursery...I can't believe it is only 14 more weeks....lots to do lots of deep breaths!








2 comments:

  1. I wish blogs had a like button like Facebook! You are such a cute glowing pregger chick. Not like the grouchy miserable wench I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing. I think 26-28 weeks was my favorite stretch of pregnancy. I felt good, looked good and could still tie my shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete