Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week 33 Update

Figure I haven't done an update in a while, it's been pretty crazy with work and life and now able to finally get a breather...or should I say lack of breathing...so I will start with...

How I am feeling
As I approached week 33, I feel bigger and like my lungs are more compressed...and then I had some major congestion issues and lots of mucous.  Not sick, it's clear, just lots of it, causing lots of coughing and puking...fun...Allergies, you may ask?  Maybe, but Zyrtec isn't working so it's on to Sudafed to see if that will help this.  The usual heartburn which I think has gotten progressively worse and has contributed to my extra saliva/mucous issue...

It was no joke that they say when you get to your third trimester you get tired again...VERY.  So when I was in the middle of a project from hell, traveling, lots of obligations, you can imagine that when the chunk of work was over, I just wanted to sleep and dream of being on maternity leave.  Yes, I know it will be hard, but to have an intellectual break?  Yes, I am looking forward to those 6 weeks of sleepless nights that I won't have work on the other end.

Otherwise, I am feeling fine and can't really complain about anything. 

My appointments are now every 2 weeks and they said my belly is smaller than the +/- 2cm that you should be for your # of weeks.  I am measuring 29 for 33.  She said it could be because I have a longer torso or that I have a smaller baby.  If still small next week, I will probably have another ultrasound, but her heartbeat is great and she is moving and shaking and kicking like crazy so I am feeling pretty okay about it.

Here's some recent shots...

31 weeks
32 weeks - this is the I'm happy big project is over relaxation...

Exercise
Well, running is on it's way out and walking is in...along with everything else I can still do, depending on the day and what the body will let me do.  The only reason I had to stop running was the round ligament pain on the lower abs was very uncomfortable forcing me to walk - running support belt didn't help a whole lot with that.  It's okay, I am power walking and have been known to pass some joggers...(Thanks Mom for being a speed walking champ and teaching me your ways).

Weight training is fun and have been focusing on that 2-3 days, with a 30-40 min cardio session after of the spin bike and/or elliptical. 
Favorite gym workout

Swimming is back and makes me feel good so that may be increasing as I get larger.  I am so excited that the pool is open which means some deep water running in my own pool.

Trying to still get in my yoga, it's hard to get to a class sometimes on the weekend but been managing a tape or class here and there.

Cravings
The usual - fro yo, yogurt, ice cream... you know all things that help with mucous...ha!
And my obsession with flavored water and smoothies...


What's Been Up?

Nesting is occurring, lots of cleaning, kitchen is 95% done, Mike's office is 50% moved downstairs and we just have to move the rest and start painting the nursery to be complete...only 7 more weeks but who's counting...lol

Family time has been fantastic...we celebrated weddings and I got to wear my new favorite dress from ASOS - I love this dress!   If you are pregnant - purchase one of these body conscious dresses, I got three and they have been super comfy.

drunk family members feeling my belly...lol

And my brother was home for it which was awesome...since this is the first time he has seen the growing produce on his big sister...


We recently celebrated Father's Day which was hard for Mike, especially, because this is the first year without his dad, however, we celebrated with both of our families, got to chill and grill with my dad.

 Mike got some presents for his "almost Father's Day". 


1 comment:

  1. I should have gotten props for recommending ASOS!!!And don't worry about the nursery - you have time! They are supposed to sleep in your room (supposedly to prevent SIDS) for the first 3 to 6 months (we moved Frances at 4 months) so her room was just a place to keep her crap. And now we still have a double bed in there (for our frequent guests) but we are doing the full conversion to Frances-only room over the next couple of weeks! xo

    ReplyDelete