Friday, May 17, 2013

Where was I? 12 Weeks Left!!

Time is moving, quickly can we say 2/3 through!!  I named this post just for my hubby (I love you honey)...you see what I found is you should only tell your significant other how many weeks you are pregnant, whether that be 20 weeks, 28 weeks or even 38 weeks.  For some reason, even though they know how to do math, or at least we hope, the 40 weeks - 28 weeks = 12 weeks doesn't resonate and they think you are just rattling off a number.  When you say "Hey M, we only have 12 weeks left till the baby comes," I imagine there are sirens and all kinds of explosive chaos that goes on in their heads.  I am kidding around here, well because when I read my app on Wednesday that said 12 weeks and the other app that said 2 months and 18 days, I also had those same sirens in my head.  I remember training for a race and knowing there was 12 weeks left of training for a half-ironman and those same bells and whistles went off.  Am I ready?  Will I get it all done?  I started having dreams that I forgot to feed the baby, or that I left the baby in the house when I left to go somewhere...soooo...instead of panicking I just went back to my do a yoga tape and create the to-do list and prioritize of what will get done and need to get done before the happy baby arrives!  Kind of like my triathlon to-do list - I have been known to forget swim caps, goggles and running shoes... when I don't do my list.
 
Back to my little (okay mid-size) cabbage at 28 weeks!  They say she is around 17 inches and 2.9 lbs.  Yup pretty much feels like the size of a ball.  Here is my 27.5 week belly, in comparison to 23 weeks.  4 weeks makes a difference, I can't believe I even felt big here, it's amazing that it will only grow...lots of cream to make sure that doesn't leave a mark.


I still feel pretty good, it is getting harder to run, mostly because my belly starts feeling some strain or it presses against my bladder and I need to pee...so then I stop and walk and then I am okay.  I bought a maternity running support belt from Amazon, from listening to Colleen talk about it.  I will be trying out the thing today on a run and will put that as part of next post.

I am a little more tired then usual but I don't know if that is from the heat, so I have been loading on the water to not let  myself dehydrate!  I haven't experienced any swelling, knock on wood so that is good.  Next up will be the start of birth classes, can't wait to go through that....lol

 So let's talk about my next three posts...I like sequels in books and movies and tend to do this when blogging as seen with my posts from missfancypantstris...

In keeping with that fashion (literally) I decided to do a 3 part post on maternity clothing for exercise, general and bathing suits (in light of summer).  I was very fortunate to have friends in some great places, like one that works for Destination Maternity Corporation (own Pea in the Pod and Motherhood Maternity).  I was able to be part of their Belly Panel, where they give me a selection of clothing and we try them on for a panel of designers/buyers/marketers and give initial feedback, then we take them home and wear them.  Next month we come back and fully review the items so they know how we wore them, fit issues, and how they washed (we keep the clothes).  So it has been great because I have received work clothes, fun clothes and bathing suits!! 

I love clothes, as you know, so when I became pregnant I wanted to make sure I could still stay fashionable and comfortable since I was to go through a few seasons like this. 
I scoured the blog world looking for reviews on clothing myself and want to have that same venue for others when they get pregnant! 

I will be getting out the first post this weekend/Monday for Part 1:  Maternity Fitness - What to Wear!



In the meantime I leave you with some photos of this past week and weekend - my first Pre-Mother's Day!!



My mama and my sister!

1 comment:

  1. Awe... you are getting so close! And doesn't it go fast? That little bump of yours is darling. I'll be anxious to hear how the belt feels running. Give it a time or two as well - it's one of those "this can't be good for the baby if I wear it this tight" things, but it's all good. Of course, this coming from the girl who stopped running at 35 weeks because it was just too much! :)

    I am super jealous about your ability to "test" clothes. I have maybe 5 outfits that I rotate and now that it's getting warmer, I'm even more limited, but with 2.5 weeks left, I'm not buying anything new!

    Embrace the childbirth classes... they made things a lot less scary for me, although most days I could think of things I would have rather been doing. In then end, they are worth it.

    ReplyDelete