Friday, March 6, 2015

18 Months - Where'd it go?

Sofie turned 18 months...

First, I never in a million years thought I would be talking "months" and not "years" - I used to get so annoyed by the moms  that would be like "my baby is 22 months" I would be like "seriously dude, your kid is almost 2, I don't feel like calculating this..." yeah, so anyway, my Sofie is 18 months...

Where did the time go or "where'd it go?" as Sofie would say in her cute little voice. I don't count the number of words, I don't have time for that but it's an explosion, for real.  She says little things like "mommy come here" or "wanna color?"  Love it.  We are beginning the real communication stage and it's super cool.

We went for our check-up a few weeks ago and she is in the 90th percentile for height at 32.5 inches and 80th for weight at 25 lb, so she is proportional.  yeah!  Sofie loves to eat.  She loves steel cut oats with some cinnamon and almond butter and some berries or other fruit, my dad's famous escarole soup - she loves the escarole, any kind of meat or fish, macaroni, quinoa, you name it, the girl loves it - EXCEPT ready for ..butternut squash and sweet potatoes.  I thought it was a fluke, in the beginning and I keep trying but she puts it in her month and gently tries to feed the dog (yup that is starting...).

She started experimenting using a spoon and fork at about 10 months and is really good now (except when she realizes she can get it in her mouth faster with her hands).
10 months

18 months
Our little independent girl insists on drinking from cups all the time...which is super cool at first, until that's all she wants to do but I have to say she is very careful putting it back.  With a couple exceptions....still demanding nursing in the morning (although I think it's coming to a close soon) and then when it comes to milk it is in a bottle, we still haven't transitioned to a sippy cup for milk.  To ease everyone's mind (because everyone has an opinion) I do brush her teeth when she wakes up and before bed after her milk.

Sofie LOVES to dance and loves music.  We went back to music class at Westminster Conservatory since it is close by and she really enjoys the singing and dancing and the various music.  She is now trying to harmonize with music and she loves to sing, In addition to multiple songs from Frozen, I find her singing Sesame Street, Doc McStuffins and the Hot Dog song while she is playing.  She loves anything with singing, Annie, High School Musical, etc...

She loves the drums and her daddy...And she beats to her own drum...


And of course she loves to run and play with soccer balls and "kick" "kick" so mommy is pretty happy.  We go to MyGym and its fun to watch her climb and try to push herself to do things like balancing.  She loves being active!

In a nutshell mommy and daddy as well as Aunt "Teesa", "Pop Pop" "Mom Mom" and "Nana" who take care of her while we work are all having a ball as this little coming of age story unfolds.  We are enjoying every little moment and treasuring it...

No comments:

Post a Comment