Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sofie's Top 10 Songs of 2016

I haven't posted in a very very long time in this blog or my other blog (which will be changing soon).  Too many excuses, but today I decided she is getting big too fast and if I don't get some of these things down in writing before I forget, I won't remember :(


Sofie and Uncle Dom
Since I have been non-stop laughing and amazed at how she loves music, her diverse interests, I decided to do a top 10 song list.    I also realized after a while that the reason she asked after a song "again" "again" was that she was studying - she doesn't laugh or get super excited when she likes a song instead she has this intense look where you have no idea if she likes it.  Then she asks to repeat - 2-4 times sometimes dancing and laughing, sometimes not.  Then she requests the song - and she remembers the lyrics.  I thought this was cool, I am sure other not so new moms are like yeah yeah, but for me as first timer, I think its cool and interesting. 
So here is Sofie's top 10  in no particular order...

1.   Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan
2.  Jump - Van Halen
3.  My Life Would Suck Without You
4.  Roar (Thank you mom lol)
5.  Fireworks (preferably Glee version not Katy Perry)
6.  Beyond Dishonor's version of ET by Katy Perry
7.  Stay Awake - Mary Poppins (she has been known to sing this to babies to help them go to sleep)
8.  Prologue to Into the Woods
9.  Just Like Heaven - The Cure
10.  Swing Low Sweet Chariot

*These songs were picked based on what we hear her singing frequently.  These do not include children's nursery songs like Old McDonald. 

No comments:

Post a Comment