Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Full Term....

Last week was just one of those weeks.  I have to say it doesn't happen often with me, I am usually a "Hakuna Matata" kind of person.


So the "oh shit it's getting close" happened earlier last week when I looked on my app and saw 37 weeks - Full Term....I stood in the kitchen and said to Mike in a panicked voice - "we need  to get on the room ASAP - what are we doing, when...".  I think he was completely confused and said "what happened to the 'I don't care if we don't get it done in time, we have time' girl."  Ummm, she is gone and what's left is an uncomfortably girl, some raging hormones, and an office filled with baby shower gifts that needs a home.  All of a sudden I went from "pregnancy is great, I haven't been feeling that bad" to "Fuck, I am done being pregnant and want to get this little girl out but I have so much to do and I can do less and less, I just want to lay around and sit in my pool." 
My newest pose, laying down and with a maxi dress...comfort...

How I have been feeling...
Besides my being stressed out.  Last week was bad, the heat was terrible and I completely underestimated the effects of heat and being this pregnant.  I had a hard time sleeping all week which has continued on this week.  Heartburn is still uncontrollable and I sort of felt like I re-fractured my ribs from the bike accident a couple years ago. So, suffice to say I was miserable last week.  But by the time time Friday hit, I felt better, Mike bought paint and finished cleaning out the nursery, my dad spackled the room, I re-organized all her clothes, finished my errands of getting everything for my hospital bag.  By Sunday, we had a wonderful day of getting a lot of things done with the help of my parents, sister and Mike's mom. 
After a hard day of painting with Mike - my Dad is pooped
This week was a complete change from last week - could be because it is not showing a heat index of 110.  I definitely feel the baby got lower but I am feeling a little more comfortable and with slightly more energy than last week. 


About the baby...
So I have been measuring small.  Apparently, you should be within +/- 2 cm of your weeks and I am about -5; however my weigh gain and size of my belly growth is growing.  I do have a longer torso so they say that could be part of it.  I am still trying to figure out how having every woman measure about the same is even possible with so many sizes and shapes of woman.  Because of that I had to have an ultrasound at 36 weeks and 38 weeks.   Good news is the amniotic fluid and placenta are all good, it just looks like I am making a smaller size baby.  After this last ultrasound at 38 weeks, they predict by 40 weeks she will be about 6 lb 6 oz.  Makes me mad that they make you feel that having less than a 7lb baby is something to be concerned about.  I was 6lb 10oz and 10 days late, my sister and brother were about the same.  Anywho, if she can just cook a little longer for another 2 weeks that would be great, because it would give us some more time to finish everything :)
36.5 weeks - a Honeydew

38 weeks - my little pumpkin

Exercise...
Everything was going good except last week.  I think I maybe worked out 2 times, unless you want to count me waddling in the pool or walking around all morning at NJ State Triathlon to watch my friends.  I truly think the heat wiped me out.  This week I felt a little back on track. I am definitely getting slower since she is sitting in my pelvis and pool workouts, yoga and gym workouts seem to be the best at this point, mostly because I don't need to pee as often in the pool because of the reduced pressure in the water and well, there is a bathroom with easy access at a yoga studio or at the gym...and AC...

Next post - Baby Room Update!
 




1 comment:

  1. I remember those feelings. It will all come together. She won't know her room isn't done. Don't worry about her size, she'll be fine. They don't really have a clue. My last ultrasound, a few days before Landon was born said he seemed to be about 8 lbs. He was only 6. 13. Both of my boys were early and absolutely perfect. Get your Hakuna Matata vibe back! You (and she) will be fine! <3

    ReplyDelete