Well....Aug 7 came and went yesterday, and no baby...I am gradually coming to terms with having a late baby, she will come when she is ready. I have heard all the old wives tales, I sat in a
goddess and
garland pose (malasana) squat yesterday for a long period of time, went to yoga and have been taking lots of walks. In fact, Monday I did 90 wall squats thinking I could squat her out of me. Then I went to yoga today and our instructor verified that the baby is going to come when she is ready. I am still not dilated as of yesterday but that could mean nothing. I have had friends not dilated then go into labor the next day and then have had friends that were 5cm for weeks on end, so whatever. No more obsessing, at least her room is pretty much ready, hospital bag is ready, I got a new car (graduating from a little sporty car to a Honda CRV), camera, car seat is installed, the rooms in the house are being cleaned, my nails and toes are done (priorities)...
 |
| 39 weeks |
 |
| 40 weeks |
So what's going on? Well, I am feeling pretty good with the exception of the usual heartburn. The baby has definitely gone south because my ribs don't feel broken anymore, so I will deal with the heartburn if that pain has gone. I get bursts of energy and feel like I can do anything then there are days when all I want to do is lay around like this guy...
 |
| Ozzy thought this was his.. |
Still going to the gym and doing strength training but that is down to 1-2 days a week for the past couple weeks, I am still trying to do yoga 2x a week and walking 2-3 times a week.
 |
| Couple weeks ago hanging on the elliptical while tracking my friends at Placid |
We finished a major part of the room...which I promise to post, but we are just finishing the minor touches as I type so I would rather wait to next post, cause it's just that awesome. Or at least in my opinion. FYI - my husband is so effin' creative...
Last weekend, I was able to attend my best friend's shower!! I was so afraid I would go into labor and miss it but I was able to celebrate it with her and see all my friends!
 |
| Me and Chris at her shower! Those that run together have babies together... |
 |
| my mommy and me! |
 |
| My crew! |
 |
| Sisters!!!!! She is so excited to be an AUNT!! |
As for food, I am apparently doing some Italian Nesting...I wasn't sure if it was just me and my heritage and always needing enough food for 40 people or was I nesting and the consensus was that I was Italian Nesting...I figure in case a good amount of people come to visit after the baby is born I can make sure we have a pot of gravy and meatballs and sausages on...
 |
| Clams and spaghetti - also from my Italian nesting purchases |
I have also been hitting the farmers market to make sure I am fully stocked on veggies to balance my other carb cravings of pasta and pizza...
 |
| Homemade gazpacho and salad with cucumber lime mint water... |
So here's to hoping my next post includes a baby picture...
Yay... she'll be here before you know it! I remember getting to the point where I thought that Abby would be inside of me forever. Do you have an induction date? I swear that once that's set, the baby will come the day before. Always. I've heard it too many times.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad that you have priorities like getting your nails done. You have to look good to feel good. :) And kudos for your workouts!!!
Enjoy these last few days momma and I can't wait for the announcement that little girl is here!
Checking in for a baby update...twitter and fb are quiet. I'll check back tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete