Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Halfway There!

I can't get over the fact that I am more than half-way there!  I reached 21 weeks today 19 to go, the baby is currently the size of a banana or about 11 oz (which was confirmed by the ultrasound).

At 20 weeks, most find out the sex of the baby (or if they choose to); however, we were able to find out early due to the genetic test we chose to do.  We were able to get the anatomical screening (ob/gyn speak for an ultrasound) and it was amazing.  My mom, Mike and I packed into the cramped room and found out SHE is doing really well, size (on track with 11 oz), 2 legs, 2 arms, a heart, lungs and a brain (whew!).  She was moving around and was being a little shy but we were still able to get her first photo shoot.
Our little mini-fancypants

As far as mama, she is doing well too.  I am feeling great with exception of the rib pain (my expanding ligaments, apparently) and the constant heartburn.  They say I should be feeling her and I have felt a flutter here and there which made me excited.



Mike and I are starting the name process which is quite overwhelming - not quite as easy as naming my other little guys Ozzy and Axl...

Spending some bonding time with Axl

Working out has been lax last week (a measly 3 times) but not because of being pregnant, I had more work than ever lately.  Normally, that would mean me getting up at the crack of dawn to get it in but sleep is a touch more important.  However, got back on track on Monday and have been going strong again especially with an 8k looming over me in April at Rutgers which I am currently deciding on outfits with the recent marathoner and my other prego friend...

Till next time!






2 comments: