Produce Update: Size of a Mango today (approximately 6 inches), which is appropriate as I was food shopping and all I could think of was buying mango...weird...
Symptoms Update: Just heartburn, nothing else really to report here.
Physical Update: I went for my 18-week check up and heard the strong heartbeat as well as LOTS of movement. They said she is really active - I said 'well, she is definitely taking after Mike and I and always on the go!' I also told her that 'we can't deal with slackers in this family' (a joke, please...)!
I have gained 8-9 lbs (depends on the day) since I found out in December! I wasn't sure if that is a lot or not, one said it was on the high side the other said it's normal. I don't feel bigger anywhere except my stomach and my boobs, which caused my recent shopping spree (details in another post).
In a couple weeks we go for our next ultrasound which will be the anatomical scan...so that is pretty exciting!
All in all, I feel really good, I was also assured that I am fine to keep running, biking, strength training, and that she does not see any problem with me running a 5 mile race in April! I knew I was fine, but I think it was better for others to hear this is APPROVED versus me just doing it to do it. If you want to read about my workouts through pregnancy check out my other blog Missfancypants.
I decided to join the #Powerbowl a day challenge for March which just makes sure that I am eating healthy (although as you know that isn't a problem). Lately I have been known to indulge in a couple things like pizza and more pasta than I should....
| Recent creations clockwise from L: Spinach edamame and chickpea salad, oats with almond butter and fruit, mexican egg bowl, chicken asian rice bowl. |
Lastly, I purchased some new cream by Basq at Pea in the Pod to prevent the inevitable stretch marks. I love it, it's nice and thick without being too greasy....Keep you posted on the outcome, but it got great reviews from other moms!
Yay! Great update! So glad that the heartbeat was good and strong and that she's moving a lot. Are you feeling her move a lot? I know it took me a while - the doctor could see her moving but I couldn't feel anything until maybe 21 weeks.
ReplyDeleteAs for the weight gain - sounds like you are perfectly on track! I looked back and at 18 weeks I was up 8 pounds! :) My doctor was really happy with that. We'll see how he is next week when I go in and am closer to 18!!! The last 9 weeks have been a growth spurt or at least that's what I keep telling myself! :)
Great job keeping up the activity! Glad you are doing well. You look darling!