Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Nesting for Baby's 1st Vacation...

As most of you know we have an annual trip to Disney in October.  We are due with Baby Girl (no names yet) in August.  When I found out I was pregnant my mom asked, "so should we skip Disney this year?"  I looked at her like she had 4 heads and said very calmly said "no, why in the world would you think that?  I mean she will be 2 1/2 months old!  Plus she will need to travel again later that month or the next to Louisiana for Anthony's (brother) wedding!"  So to answer any questions - the baby will not be slowing us down completely.  I think it is very important to incorporate the baby into your life and although some may differ, I have seen many of my friends do this (one even traveled to Brazil when the baby was 3 months) and it has worked beautifully. I believe in making as many experiences as possible and well, how cute will she look in a little Minnie dress....As for what to bring for travel for a newborn, I have done much research and will probably post sometime before or after the trip on that.

In the middle of re-doing a kitchen, and the stress of soon moving Mike's office downstairs and preparing to make our other room a nursery, I have started some research for registering which is an entirely daunting process.  Whereas registering for a wedding was fun, this is not so much.  So what happens when my head is spinning and I have so much work (actual work) I am trying to keep afloat?  I shop for me and for the baby...more on me and my favorite maternity-wear next post.

I found the most adorable clothes and every time I buy something I say it's for her vacation....
 In addition to the cutest clothes my mom and friends have bought so far...


I had a coupon for Baby Gap and did this...
If you look closely to the left you see the most adorable baby moccasins

ummm super cute!

A poolside outfit with the Terry cover-up
On a side note, tomorrow marks 24 weeks!  Holy crap! 16 weeks to go, it really does fly.  I have to say knock on wood, this has been pretty smooth sailing, some slight nausea and lots of heartburn but otherwise, everything has been A-OK!  I get mixed reviews about weight gain but so far I am up about 15-16 lbs depending on the day.


I attribute my positive preganancy to the healthy eating...


buffalo chicken salad with grilled veggies


Lemon lentil swiss-chard with gluten free pasta
 with a side of ice cream (where that dairy craving came from, not quite sure)...


Mom and me after an overwhelming trip to Babies R Us and a little shopping for me...

The "baby" and my dad split a Banana Foster Milkshake - not me the baby
 and lots of exercise (a mix of running, walking, spinning, strength training with some pre-natal yoga) about 5-6 days a week. 
again the ice cream post-run...
Super cute shirt from ForTwoFitness.com
















2 comments:

  1. I love that you are still going to Disney. We think a lot alike - although I know things will change with baby girl in June, I'm not stopping my life altogether. She'll learn to adapt and we will too! :)

    Love the clothes. Aren't girls clothes amazing??? :)

    You look fantastic and shouldn't have mixed reviews about your weight gain - you are doing awesome!

    Oh... and the registering - can be overwhelming. I just pulled some of my friend's registries and stole their ideas! :) It made it a lot less stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely look at other friends' registries and get the book Baby Bargains- It's like the consumer reports of baby stuff. They come out with a new addition every year. We registered together, then I read the book and changed everything. When I brought home everything from the baby shower Andrew was like, "I don't remember this." Oh well!
    And you look fab!

    ReplyDelete