I'll go back to the actual story...so we decided to get a genetic screening because of our age factor (37). This was more of a personal decision that would allow us to be mentally prepared, I know some people decide not to get this done. Anyway, with the test, you are also able to get the gender of the baby because the blood test can identify the DNA of the baby. Very cool. We asked the genetic conselor to NOT give us the gender and only give it to the Ob/Gyn office. So a couple weeks ago, I had the midwife put the sex in the envelope and my parents took that envelope home when they came to visit. Last Saturday - they had a cake made that would either have raspberry cream icing (if a girl) or blue dyed white chocolate cream....so we celebrated our little cake party with my parents, my sister, my brother and his fiance (on Skype) and Mike's mom and his sister's family. It was a really nice, intimate moment!
| My dad picked out some snazzy candles of Tinker Bell or Mickey... |
Verdict...
| It's a GIRL!!! |
Everyone asked - what did you want? I don't know maybe part of me always hoped for a little girl, but part of me hoped for a boy. I'm excited, not because of WHAT the sex of the baby was but because this made everything - REAL! Now, this is not just an "it" in my belly, the it is now a "she" and I can't wait to meet her!
I love the way you did this! And YAY for the baby girl!!! From what I know, you are the ONLY other person having a girl! :) It's so exciting. Be prepared for everything girlie... even if you were like me and swore that's not how she'll end up, she will. It's just too fun not to. I love it! She will be a very loved little girl too!
ReplyDelete