| Disregard the mess in the background |
I just started showing a little, but it is the awkward stage where you don't have the "bump" but you look like you ate too many cupcakes or maybe that time of the month...
As for how I am feeling:
Craving - Mexican - this could be daily and for every meal. I sometimes find myself with my finger in the whole foods guacamole...Other cravings - apples and oranges.
Body - my tiredness is going away a little (yeah!) and replacing that is indigestion (ugh!). So this little munchkin
My next trek will have me trying to find a bathing suit. Not just some crappy tankini but something I can wear into pregnancy while I continue to strive to become Dara Torres in the pool. They don't sell any maternity competitive swimsuits which amazes me since I feel like that is the easiest sport to do while pregnant. I am thinking of going a size up when I need to in my TYR but not really sure yet. Any suggestions?
I am trying to keep up my swimming, biking and running and strength training. The weather hasn't been that great so I have only been running twice a week because A I hate treadmills and B I don't want to slip on the ice (we all know from my other blog I am a little accident prone). But I still am signed up to do Rutger's Half Marathon in April (which will be somewhere between 5.5-6 months). I did decide to drop down to the 8K and of course plan on getting some super cute running shirt like this
and a cool maternity running skirt.
![]() |
| I think they failed to put an ACTUAL pregnant person in this picture? You think? |
The one thing I am excited about continuing throughout pregnancy is TRX (suspension strength training) and hope to continue well into my pregnancy. I did a bunch of internet searching and it looks plenty safe, but of course I will listen to my body and I am sure it will tell me when I can't do any more. Planks, suspended crunches are all safe to do while pregnant. I am sure I may need some help later when trying to balance my one legged lunges with a kettleball but I will cross that bridge when I need to and use a bar to hold myself up.
Here is to EXERCISING through pregnancy!!

You are looking great momma! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm loving Mexican food as well - I could put guac on everything!
And love the shirt and skirt. I'm actually looking into both right now as well! Great job keeping up with the fitness. Hopefully nicer weather is right around the corner and that will help!